For episode three, I wanted to go a little bigger. I think it’s important that we understand just what it means to be a part of the freelance economy, so I reached out to Jeff Wald, a thought leader on labor force evolution. Jeff is co-founder and President of Work Market and frequently writes for Forbes as the authority on the Freelance Economy and how it relates to the global employment system.
- The difference between a temp and a freelancer
- On-demand nature of labor
- Creation of talent pools and how large corporations hire freelancers
- Labor laws and risk management for employers hiring freelancers
- Managing your reputation and human capital
- Modernizing work forces
- Acronyms are crazy!
- Freelancer == entrepreneur, freelancer /= unemployed
Jeff is President and Co-Founder of Work Market
Jeff on Twitter @jefferywald