Like what you hear? Please leave a review on iTunes!
Ryan Williams is building an empire on his ability to tell the stories of what he calls the influencer economy. Ryan’s take on an influencer is someone who has a successful career in new media, music and sports while remaining accessible to their fan-base.
Ryan’s freelance career consists of balancing between the production of his podcast, Stories From the Influencer Economy, his book titled The Influencer Economy, and his consulting business.
The Influencer Economy podcast is really what got me thinking about starting The Naked Freelancer. Having an actual conversation with Ryan is what sealed the deal for me. His support and encouragement are a big reason why I followed through with this show. Seriously – listen to his podcast. You’ll be glad you did.
We discuss the following topics/themes in this episode:
- Reaching out to people who have influenced you
- Importance of first followers
- Helping podcasters get paid and grow their audiences
- The importance of building an email list
- The Influencer Model, a course on how to sell products to your audience
- Monetization for content creators
- Creating to gain professional credibility and survive as a freelancer
- How to overcome mental blocks
- Evil laugh
- Podcast time travel
- Consistency is hard
- Creating a podcast network
- Ryan’s Episode with Jeff Ullrich of Earwolf
- How to prioritize and delegate
Check out Ryan’s Podcast Stories From the Influencer Economy on his website or on iTunes
Take Ryan’s course, The Influencer Model: Sell Products Directly to Your Audience
On Twitter @ryanjwill
Music: The Naked Freelancer Theme is by Ransom Rath. Listen to the full version here.
All of my podcasts are recorded and edited on my kick-ass Microsoft Surface Pro 3. Visit my tools and equipment page to find out more about what I use for my podcast and my website!
Leave a Reply