Like what you hear? Please leave a review on iTunes!
Shana Bull is a digital marketing and social relations strategist. Shana is one of my very best friends and just so happens to be a genius when it comes to building a stable freelance career in social media.
Shana works with a lot of luxury lifestyle brands doing social relation strategy, consulting and training. She’s famous in wine blogger circles and takes some of the most scrumptious photos of food I’ve ever seen on the interwebs.
She’s also a few months pregnant and talks about how she’s able to build in flexibility to her schedule to accommodate the unpredictability of not feeling 100% herself all the time. We’ll definitely be following Shana’s story once she has her baby to see if her career ends up going just as smoothly as she expects. Good luck, Shana!
Randy “The Man” Hall also makes his first appearance in this episode!
We discuss the following topics/themes in this episode:
- Working with hospitality and luxury brands
- Iron Horse Vineyards
- Wine bloggers
- Word of Mouth Marketing
- Instagram takeovers!
- Productivity tracking and building in marketing time and professional development time
- Following trends, reading articles
- Having clients on retainer
- Hourly rates depending on project
- American Heart Association
- Make a Stand
- The power of Twitter
- Forgetting how you know your friends
- The Beer Wench
- Kerry Rego
- Randy Hall
- James Marshall Berry in the 80s
- Shana’s pregnancy announcement!
- Day planning and hourly tracking
- Flexibility for a pregnancy schedule
- Dogs and kids are the same
- We are plant killers
- Go for walks!
- Saying no
- When to fire a client
- 3 criteria for selecting clients
- “It’s not me, it’s you.”
- Planning your social media schedule
Shana on Instagram
Shana on Twitter
Shana on LinkedIn
Music: The Naked Freelancer Theme is by Ransom Rath. Listen to the full version here.
All of my podcasts are recorded and edited on my kick-ass Microsoft Surface Pro 3. Visit my tools and equipment page to find out more about what I use for my podcast and my website!
Leave a Reply